About This Website
Things change...Or do they?
I have been writing HTML since about 1998. When I started we used tables almost exclusively and you never closed the tags to save bandwidth. You injected a ton of keywords into content to get the search engines to notice your website and get yourself a higher ranking.
When I began building websites the idea of viewing it on a mobile device wasn't thought of or even possible. If there was any thought given to various display resolutions it was mostly solved by adding percents to the containing columns of a table and nesting that table within a table set at a maximum width with the most common resolution. I think that was about 1024 x 768 but it might have even been 640 x 480.
In a previous article I noted how we were building simple interfaces to allow the production line and R&D to do certain tasks.
These tasks were affecting I/O to servos and switches etc, to automate or augment some tasks.
I am currently working on a CRM that will be including a feature to display statistics on a large screen.
A feature I proposed was a nice animated timer to display when each module would update.
This timer should be dynamic and should have the ability to have easy set parameters; update time, color, etc...
So anyways, this is what I came up with: SVG-Preloader GitHub Repo.
Basic usage is quite simple:
Our team was tasked with building a new website for a non-profit organization in Riverside for local authors known as the Inlandia Institute. The previous website was built on vanilla PHP with a custom CMS. The website had a few hundred authors and subsequently a few thousand associated books.
The CMS was limited and difficult to use and for this reason the owners had rarely used it.
My task was to:
The MSRC provides funding for clean fuel alternatives primarily in California.
The website required a number of customizations outside of existing modules. I also needed to import 10 years of legacy data and documents.
This is actually an upgrade to the artists existing website. His previous website was built in Flash and was, well,... out of date. It had no search engine placement whatsoever and was only 640 x 480 pixels. Still it was, for its time, a pretty cool little site. I offered to simply resize the flash container to full up an entire browser page but, he opted for a complete rebuild. The layout is entirely his vision with my input, specifically on the image slider.
I was asked to add the ability to purchase Eventbrite tickets from a website using the Eventbrite ticket widget. The problem is that the customer had a number of events over the course of several months and I knew they would have several more over the years. The Eventbrite widget is complete, but you would need to copy the code for each event. This could be a little tedious, and it didn't seem as elegant having a ton of these ticket iframes loaded into one page.This seemed like an opportunity to create a simple program to automate everything.