Our team was tasked with building a new website for a non-profit organization in Riverside for local authors known as the Inlandia Institute. The previous website was built on vanilla PHP with a custom CMS. The website had a few hundred authors and subsequently a few thousand associated books.
The CMS was limited and difficult to use and for this reason the owners had rarely used it.
My task was to:
The MSRC provides funding for clean fuel alternatives primarily in California.
The website required a number of customizations outside of existing modules. I also needed to import 10 years of legacy data and documents.
Recently I started following tutorials on YouTube provided by Google on using and understanding deep-learning. This is a subject I have had some interest in recently. These tutorials not only gave me a foot-hold on how to use deep-learning, but have also given me an opportunity to start using Python as a language.
So I built a list of tools I felt would be necessary for a game engine and currently they aren't exactly efficient or easy to use.
For example the multi-canvas example currently can run about 60 objects on screen before it starts to slow down. .. That's terrible.
On my "down-time" as a hobby I write code. I know, that's a hell of a thing, but you have to remember that I started getting paid to do my hobby. But, my hobby is still my hobby. Part of the problem I have always had with my hobby versus my professional work is that I start a project...Then I will get bored with it and move on to something else OR I will get interested in some caveat of the current project which will derail me from the current project.
This is actually an upgrade to the artists existing website. His previous website was built in Flash and was, well,... out of date. It had no search engine placement whatsoever and was only 640 x 480 pixels. Still it was, for its time, a pretty cool little site. I offered to simply resize the flash container to full up an entire browser page but, he opted for a complete rebuild. The layout is entirely his vision with my input, specifically on the image slider.
I was asked to add the ability to purchase Eventbrite tickets from a website using the Eventbrite ticket widget. The problem is that the customer had a number of events over the course of several months and I knew they would have several more over the years. The Eventbrite widget is complete, but you would need to copy the code for each event. This could be a little tedious, and it didn't seem as elegant having a ton of these ticket iframes loaded into one page.This seemed like an opportunity to create a simple program to automate everything.